Join Our TeamWill County Center for Economic Development
Will County is an amazing place to work in economic development. We are excited to be looking to add new members to our team!
The Will County Center for Economic Development (CED) is seeking applications for the following positions.
The CED is a private, nonprofit economic development corporation providing a wide range of economic development services for the retention, expansion, and recruitment of businesses to Will County, Illinois, which is part of the Chicago Metropolitan Area.
With a population of nearly 700,000, Will County is perennially one of the leading counties in Illinois for job creation and growth, boasting a vibrant economy that is home to a diverse range of industries. With two global-scale intermodal centers and tremendous transportation assets, Will County today is the largest inland port in North America.
Director of Economic Development
Reports To: CEO
The Director of Economic Development will conduct the day-to-day activities associated with industrial and commercial development and marketing activity to help existing businesses and attract new businesses to locate in Will County. The Director is responsible for identifying and interacting with business prospects and development opportunities and serves as the primary contact for Will County municipalities seeking economic development assistance from the CED.
The Director is responsible for managing the CED’s Business Attraction and Retention Program through a variety of activities, including:
- Prospect and lead development and management activities
- Developing relocation proposals and responding to requests for information
- Managing business attraction projects individually or with teams
- Organizing site visits with prospects
Providing technical assistance to clients, including site and building availability, demographic and economic data, incentive identification and coordination
- Assisting with project entitlement, including coordination with locals elected officials and staff
- Assisting with financial analysis and incentive coordination and for existing and new businesses
- Attending trade shows and similar marketing opportunities on behalf of the CED
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key site selectors, real estate brokers, developers, and corporate real estate executives to introduce clients to the Will County and build connections to future business prospects
- Maintain up to date records, track, and provide regular updates on the progress of projects and economic development to both internal and external audiences
- Establish a close working relationship with local appointed and elected officials responsible for economic development in their community throughout the county. Provide technical assistance for prospect/project management, project evaluation, incentives, marketing strategies, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with coursework in business/public administration, economics, finance, urban planning, real estate, or a related field. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in economic development with experience in business attraction, retention, and marketing
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and sales skills.
- Solid understanding of business incentive programs, best practices, and implementation.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment marked by high expectation levels, deadlines, and time constraints.
- Knowledge of community development tools and redevelopment strategies.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Expected starting salary range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off.